Tuesday, April 25, 2017

So I wrecked Gypsy, my Harley VRod Muscle, the day after Christmas. Banged the bike up pretty good, and broke my own rib to boot. Chipped some teeth, bit through my tongue, blah blah. I'm patched up now, but the bike is still waiting on parts before it's finished at the dealership. At least the insurance covered it.

Fast forward to April, and it's getting to be close to crunch time for the State Rally of the riding club I'm in. May 5, 2017. Haven't been to a rally since around '04. Never been to one of these State jobbies. I really want to go. I preregistered, booked a hotel, and started bugging the shit out of the dealer.

Last Friday, the call to them led to a pretty good understanding that with waiting on painted parts that the bike wouldn't be back together in time. They are doing everything they can as fast as they can, really. It ain't their fault if it's not ready. But that still leaves me in the lurch. I do NOT want to go to the rally in a cage, that's like trailering a bike...what's the point? I'm NOT going to miss the rally, especially since I paid in advance. So now what??

I've got a plan. The Skunkworks is fired up and humming. Oh, I'm up to something alright. I'm up to no good.


"I aim to misbehave."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Very nice blog!